Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 was sweet...welcome 2010!

As I look back on 2009 I smile and realize it was so much fun! I made new friends and completed two half Ironman distance races as well as two long 17+ mile trail races. I'm hoping this year will be just as exciting. I'm planning on expanding my race record by competing in my first full Ironman on May 1st. I officially started training for it Dec 1st, 2009. Since then, I accumulated 316 miles of training. Cycling 157 miles, swimming 15 miles, and running 57 miles. I'm so glad I signed up with Craig Zelant, my coach, because I didn't know how to train for a full distance triathlon. I knew IM St. George was a new triathlon which is rated at one of the hardest in the nation and I needed to be prepared both physically and mentally. There will be many hills to climb both cycling and running, not to mention the 2.4 miles swim in frigid 50+ degree water. I have always had a problem keeping my core temp up during the swim so it's going to be a challenge in itself. Besides competing in my first full Ironman, I have decided to sign up for several other races taking place throughout the year, my race schedule is as follows.
-----------------------------------------
San Dieguito Half Marathon 2/14
Gran Fondo Century 3/7
Ironman 70.3 CA 3/27
IM St. George 5/1
Wasatch Steeplechase Trail Run 6/19
-----------------------------------------
I'm truly looking forward to 2010. I'm hoping to build an even stronger bond with my children and expand my knowledge in my field thus strengthening my career. I want to stay more positive, renew my friendship bonds, and enjoy life to the fullest every day. Near the end of the year and before high school starts for my daughter Amber, I'm hoping to take a trip with her to Italy...I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment