Friday, April 10, 2009

How I got started...

Jan 17th, 2006 I got the news...Denza was dead. She was my best childhood friend and she was only 38 years old. She died of a heart attack because she failed to take care of herself. She was 350 pounds and only stood 5 foot 3 inches tall. Jan 18th, 2006 I began to run...I didn't want to die of a heart attack, I didn't want to leave my children without a mother, I had to get in shape...I wanted to be healthy.

Two months later a friend of mine asked me if I ever thought of doing a triathlon. I laughed at her out loud and said, are you crazy...I can't do anything like that! Three years later her I am...I just finished my first half Ironman and will be doing my second in 3 months. On May 1st, 2010 I'll compete in my first full Ironman...IM Utah. I don't know if I'll finish but I'm sure going to tri ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment